View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool Smart man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Doss View Post
Al,

My Jazz is a Mexican made with the usual upgrades (leo quan bridge, hipshot exteneder tuner. and new pick ups). It sounded better to me than the others and it was a lot cheaper than a US made even with the upgrades.

As to the Aguilar and Epifani comment, I would agree with Tim in saying that I do not see that many people using these brands in the forum. I see most players using Eden and power and preamp combinations than Aguilar or Epifani. As you said earlier, it is what sounds good to you that matters.

The Aguilar head works for me because it is a dual channel head with an overdrive channel that works very well for rock music (kind of a pushed Ampeg SVT sound)- and a very clean channel for everything else. I could probably do better with two preamp set ups - one dirt one clean- but that would be very heavy and inpractical. Also the Aguilar AG 500 is pretty loud (500 watts) and light (18LBS). So it is very practical in a lot of ways.

BD
Bill, the only thing really lacking in the Mexican made Fenders is the electronics. Other than that, about the same. With the upgrades, replacing the pick-ups and $ savings; shows wisdom on your part!