View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Senior Posting Member

Albert Smith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronson Hall View Post
Actually, I've had some great friends for years who run a music store called Century Music Systems here in San Antonio. They are good folks (Dale and Tommy & the gang), and they have access to anything you want, at a great price. The store has a great personal, family feel. If they don't have it (which they usually do), they'll get it quickly!

Currently, Al, if you want to get into some really serious gear specifically for the bass player, it's pretty convenient to drive 60 miles to Austin and vivst the Bass Emporium, and other great stores there.

After Ken talked about the advantages of George L instrument cables a few days ago (got one with my new Ken Smith, thank you!), I walked into Century Music to rent a keyboard for our Church Anniversary, and they were doing George L's in a big way. They make them to order right there on the spot. by the way, the George L tips are noticabally "better fitting" than the normal instrument cable tip!

Incidentally, Ken also sent me Al "The Burner" Turner's newest CD with my package. If you don't have it, you gotta hear it. Get it from Ken, and play it in your car. Al's bass solos are fantastic, and I've been practicing them on my new baby!
Ronson, thanks for the tip, and Tim I agree with you regarding anyplace but Guitar Center!!