View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Junior Posting Member

Bryan Leinwand is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Was the post perfectly fit to begin with? If not, it is already damaging the Top. Possibly it will crack the top or poke thru it. I have never heard of the post being above the bridge. Playing a 1/2 sized basses with an extension and tuned up a 4th is a Tenor bass of sorts, not a double bass. So, everything is weird about this. Post some pictures so we don't all get a headache trying to imagine this. It is way off topic anyway so we might as well end the story with some visuals.
With all due repect, anyone concerned with the mechanics of a bass might be interested. If not, no harm done.
Is it off topic then?

The soundpost of course was refitted. Maybe you thought I would have just moved it as it was after doing all this work. Where's the argument here? I see none. I think that it arises from its unconventionality.

Haven't jazz players used extensions by the way? Is this forum only for classical bassists. Is it only for traditional techniques? is it open minded?
I would hope so.
I would hope to find any interesting or even controversial information in a forum such a this. Is that not what a forum is about?
We can all learn something here.

The bass works well as a contrabass too. And like I said, as a tenor bass, with the extension it only loses three 1/2 steps.