View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Senior Posting Member

David Powell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper Bos View Post
Hi,

I just joined, and also just fitted a new pickup to my bass (carved roundback 1950s german bass). Currently I use the new FWF pickup (165 euro in the netherlands), with 2 pieces that are slotted between the bridge wings, one on the treble and one on the bass side. Interesting feature is that the piece on the bass side is much larger than on the treble side. Anyhow, this thing really works for me sounds very natural and even accross the board, which contrasts a bit with some the more dissappointing reviews I read on FWF pickups. I guess it shows again that each pickup might perform completely different on each bass.

Just to confirm this, i tried the FWF pickup on my EUB and ran into huge phase-problems, making the pickup sound horrible)

cheers,

Jasper
Hi, Jasper. Welcome to the forum. Earlier today I was looking at the SD systems microphones on the web. I am interested in any reports on the LCM 100 XLR mic, which is produced in Amsterdam. I started a thread on mini condensers, so you might want to put something there if you know anything about them. They look interesting but in USA there is only one dealer and he only carries the horn models.