View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 06:47 AM
Senior Posting Member

Joel Larsson is on a distinguished road

Aha! Maybe you should further mis-attribute the one Tom Martin sells as a real G.P.
Then again, maybe it is a different bass - after having met him, I doubt that he would sell anything under the wrong name, or perhaps the true nature of things were discovered beyond doubt during the vast restoration that the bass only just got out of. I think my teacher is going to buy it, if it isn't too much of an orchestra-only instrument. If he does, he's going to record a Bottesini record with it. With Joel Q now in the picture, it seems like Maggini and Bottesini are names that pulls people together!
If Joel really shows up, I hope you realize you are warmly welcome! I have your CD. Or did do do more? Maybe I ought to read up more before posting stuff. But I am officially stupid, so I never learn. I was also going to ask if this Ali guy is the current principal in Toronto, but now I actually did my homework beforehand, and found that he's in Montreal. I thin about going to a course in England where he's going to teach.
Am I going awfully off-topic again? Maybe I should conclude with stating that even the da Salo I slapped upon didn't look 450 years of age to an untrained eye. Maybe some instruments actually got the care they deserved?