Thread: epoxy ??
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Hochberg View Post
How about letting us know which shop it is so we don't make the mistake of buying a bass from them?
For legal protection I can't say it on line or in writing anywhere. You can PM me and maybe get a clue. In the mean time. the only two people in the NY area I feel totally safe dealing with on both repairs and sales are Jeff Bollbach and Arnold Schnitzer. Another shop I have done business with in NY is Paul Biase. These three shops are excluded from the Epoxy mess. That's all I will say. Upstate NY I have had work done in the past by Peter Eibert and trust him as well. He is getting up there in years and is probably close to retiring, being a ripe young age now of about 83 or so. So, that makes 4 people in the State. A 5th who is way upstate NY is Robert McIntosh. He has and is doing work for me as we speak and is one of the best in the repair business as well.

I am not saying that any other shops in NY not mentioned can't do good work. I am just telling you where I go and who I feel safe with.

Let's leave it at that for now, please. I know several others in the business that I don't necessarily do business with but am acquainted with them. These others have always treated me with respect personally and professionally so I have to show some level of reserve here regardless or my opinions of what kind of work is correct and what is not. I think I have said plenty already.