View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool the model is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanreed View Post
Hi
I managed to buy an amazing bass a few years ago but don’t know much about it and was hoping you KS pros could help me out (model, wood, hardware etc). I've attached a few photos to assist. I'm also thinking of selling it (hard times) and wonder if anyone could give me an idea of a fair price.
Thanks in advance.
The BT6G. This would be the Oil/Varnish finish. The pics are good but I can't see it being the high gloss lacquer as used on the Elite. If it is the heavier finished gloss Lacquer then it might be the BT6EG but the neck strips going down the back would be Morado instead of Bubinga like pictured here.

The two switches are not in the position that we put them so it's possible they were added later by someone else. Are they series/parallel?

This Bass from 1996 would also have the older 9v circuit as well.

I can't give you a price simply because I do not work in the used market.

Wood you ask? Bubinga top and back. The rest is on the spec sheet and can be ID'd here if you just look and try a little; http://www.kensmithbasses.com/woodpa...econtents.html

Hardware? Ours with the exception maybe of those two switches. Bridge and Tuners are Gold Plated.

Was this Bass re-finished recently? It looks brand new!