View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Senior Posting Member

Albert Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool Seriously Considering Eden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
Hey Al,

I've never heard of a WT-390 ....at any rate....

I've played through and own Edens 400, 550, and 800. The 400 just can't cut it (too weak). The 800 is a great amp also, however, IMO the Eden WT-550 (if nothing else, value-wise) is THE best sounding amp head I have played of the 3 Edens I have.

What you will really need to do now is take your Smith, locate a WT-550 and run it through a 210XST and 212 XLT Cab together. Or, if they have a 410XLT, that'l work too. You think that MIM Fender sounded good? LOL! I can promise you, your Ampeg rig will become a distant memory.

If you are looking for a combo amp......I would recommend the Eden Metro.

Now, if you want to take it to another level?....Well, as you already know, I have shared what I use as my current rig through my other posts, so, I won't bore you with those details again.
First of all Tim you never bore me with info on your awesome collection of thunder producers, secondly I will take you up on your dubious suggestions and run my Smith's both my 5 and 6 string through the set-up you recommended. I'll hit ya back with the feed back just as soon as I return from my business trip to good ole St Louis.
until then peace!!