View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 03:02 AM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool I would concur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Doss View Post
Al,

I would say that the main diference in the low mids and lows. The DB is a little less boomy than the 410 Hlf, but more agressive sounding in the low mids. The very low frequencies are there but they are tighter than the ampeg.

My opinion is that Aguilar created these cabinets with the specific intent of winning over some Ampeg users. It is mainly a rock cabinet and not hi-fi sounding at all. I have used the GS series cabinets from Aguilar and the SVT 410 hlf. To my ears the DB has more in common with the ampeg than with its cousins.

BD

Bill, I would concur with your assessment of the 410HLF cabinet. I've used the 410, 610 and 810 as well. I currently have the 610HLF. Great cabs, just a different flavor.

Because I use Eden Cabs exclusively (any combination of the 210XST, 410XLT, or 115XLT), I have not found anything (at this time) that would warrant a change to a different Cab for me. I would rate the Eden Cabs as "among the best", if not THE best: The cleanest 30Hz-14KHz that's ever passed between my ears.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 04-11-2007 at 03:12 AM.