View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Senior Posting Member

Albert Smith is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up In The Ear of The Bass Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
Bill, I would concur with your assessment of the 410HLF cabinet. I've used the 410, 610 and 810 as well. I currently have the 610HLF. Great cabs, just a different flavor.

Because I use Eden Cabs exclusively (any combination of the 210XST, 410XLT, or 115XLT), I have not found anything (at this time) that would warrant a change to a different Cab for me. I would rate the Eden Cabs as "among the best", if not THE best: The cleanest 30Hz-14KHz that's ever passed between my ears.
Thank you both Bill and Tim for your expert opinions, I feel as though Tim really hit home with his ending comment. Its all about "What's Sounds Best in The Ear of The Bass Player", that's what ultimately determines what Bass or rig he/she plays, or plays through. If we all had the same exact equipment I can promise you we still wouldn't sound the same, nor would we want too. Everyone has a different "Flavor" sound, tweaking set-up that hopefully allows them to pronounce to the world what they hear in their respective heads. For me its Ken Smith Basses and Ampeg rigs.
God I love this forum its so cool to be able to agree to disagree and learn something in the interum.
Al