View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Posting Member

Dave Martin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
Dave, I cannot imagine why you would not like an Eden set-up. The Metro (I'm assuming it's the 210 combo?). Eden, provides a very clean output of any of my basses: Very clean; just set flat. Is it just a 210 combo? If so, is it enough coverage with just the 210? Is it possible the Metro is not functioning properly? What is it that you don't like?
I know - it's a puzzler that I've noticed numerous times with different Eden amps. I'll try to get enough low end to please me and it just doesn't happen - even though Ill look back and see the speakers moving a LOT. Since the sound I look for in an amp is pretty much what I hear with a fine ribbon mic on the bass, I want a lot of lows and not a lot in the way of mid and upper range frequencies. The Metro is more or less configured like an SWR Super Redhead (2x10, more than 300 watts), but the Metro hasn't made me smile with either a Realist pickup or the Fishman Full Circle I'm using these days. The SWR sounded fine with both.
I'd LIKE for the Eden to work - after all, my Eden still has working wheels, while the SWR's wheel have long since gone away.