View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Posting Member

Don Edge is on a distinguished road

I actually did buy an amp stand to get it off the floor. The vibration through the stage was terrible and sounded as bad. I do think the amp does not move enough air at the lower volumes to produce adequate "quality" sound. Others on the Fender forum have also recommended the same volume settings I discovered for optimum sound. It may be a deficiency of the equipment or just what you get for $300. I am standing right in front of it so I am hearing the volume. It isn't a problem to me. I am also standing next to the drums. The last church voiced the same issue but I had no control over the 18 inch subs in the house system. I did use a 15 and 18 cab for fill (connected). I also stood directly in front of those. They actually sounded pretty good. The 15 combo was popping so the cab linked to it helped the combo out. I would really like to hear what an Eden rig sounds like. I heard an Ampeg combo once and didn't like it but I assume the Eden stuff we are discussing is above that. Of the 12XLT or 10XLT, if you could only get one right now, which should it be with the WT-405 head?