View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Any more comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDenney View Post
Superb, thankyou for the info Ken...I do think its fantastic how we can ask the main man himself all the questions we need, it provides such a fantastic customer service and a happy feeling... Trust me, when I go into full time employment after college.. you'l get an extra order for an MD7 from me. Im very impressed!

More to the point however, the bass in question could do with a complete overhaul, it is playable, just plenty of wear. So I should be looking at roughly $4500-$2000=$2500 or £1300?

Any more comments?
More comments? No, not until I have seen the Bass personally in my hands. Pictures can help some but not a guarantee I can fully assess the restoration costs from them. My post was more of a guide line in how I look at things as far as values go.

Very often, it's better to buy 'new' unless the used Bass is in good condition or for sale cheap so you have room for the repairs and will still fall under the price of a new one when done. Like buying a car in a way. If it's beat up and needs tons of repair work, the owner shouldn't expect too much, vintage or not.