View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool My favorites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Faulkner View Post
I was originally going to get a Jackson custom fretless bass but they "lost my order" after 5 months of a projected 9 went by, even though I had a printed copy of the order and a fax copy of the design. They refused to budge and said I would have to reorder and look at another 9 months for delivery so I told em to forget it (hind sight being 20/20 I'm very happy this happened). When I was in Guitar Center that day they had a used Smith 5 string (forget the exact model) there and I played it for about an hour. It was an incredible instrument. I still can't fathom what someone traded it in for. Anyway, I went home and did some research on Smith basses and the 2 days later was on a conference call with Guitar Center and Ken discussing the details of my custom bass order.

He projected 7 months if I recall and delivered it in 5. When I went to pick it up there were a lot of salivating people standing around admiring it when I walked in.

And Ken, I see you edited my post to add Smith to the title. I assumed people would know I meant show your Smith Bass. And how about showing us some of your personal favorite basses you have produced or currently still play?
Well, that's a tough one. I play every Bass that goes out and once in awhile, a Bass hits me like real personally. It could be the feel, the sound, the looks or all of it.

I changed your title so there would be zero confusion about what we wanna see up here.

On the GC thing, just a friendly note, as we no longer do business with GC. Anyone wishing to buy a Smith, contact us directly so we can either steer you to a Smith dealer in your normal direct shopping area (your town) or sell you directly which we often do now as we have cut many of our dead-beat dealers in place of servicing our customers better.

Beautiful bass you have there by the way...

Last edited by Ken Smith; 01-25-2007 at 02:56 PM. Reason: typos