View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Probably best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Diza View Post
Tim, thanks time for posting. I decided to back out. The seller was not too cooperative. I asked him what the woods were, and the model, then answered me that he had no idea. Could you tell what wood the fingerboard is? It looks to be morado and not ebony which would mean it's not an elite model. He also refused to provide additional pics. Too weird, great price though at $2,600.00.
Given the sellers response and lack of knowledge of the bass, I'd back out too. Wise decision. While the fingerboard does look like a light redish color in the pic, it could very well be Pau Ferro (I don't think Ken had begun making the Elite (EG) models in '94). The top looks like it could be morado based on the pic and looks like a BT5G to me.

A few years ago I had two virtually identical BT5G's. One a '92 and one a '94. Both zebra top and back, mahogany core w/walnut laminate. The only difference was one had a Pau Ferro fretboard and the other had a very nice figured ebony fretboard. I kept the '92 with the ebony fretboard.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 05-06-2011 at 01:40 AM.