Thread: Bumpers...
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool well..

On the Loveri, you saw the Back off, not the top. The Top/Ribs/Neck are still attached. It is the Back that is getting all the much needed work. The Back made with some crotch or butt end knotted wood that looks like a Cat's Eye figure wise..

On the Neoprene, Jeff used that same stuff for the under side of the 'fingers' on my Bisiach Extension. It works great by the way and I look forward to getting my Loveri back sometime next month with some new Neoprene Bumpers on it. I think I'll request them on the Storioni as well.

As far as how much I lay the Bass down, it's not much. I usually lean the Bass C-bout on a chair. When I first saw the Philly Orch., it looked like they had Stools with a side chair for the Bass. I looked high and low for this product and came up empty. Then one day after meeting Hal Robinson I emailed him asking about it and he told me the just place a chair next to each stool as a tradition they have there. Well, I've been doing the chair thing all my life so I've stuck with it. On occasion, there is no chair around to lean the Bass on and I have to lay it down. That's when I need the Bumpers.