View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool Ampeg XLR out to house......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Smith View Post
Being that I utilize the Ampeg SVT Classic all Tube Bass head I thought it wise to invest in a back-up head, for the times I need to have my tube head serviced. I decided on the Ampeg B2RE.

The Ampeg B2RE Rack Bass Head cranks out 450W of solid state thunder at 4 ohms, 250W at 8 ohms. 3-band rotary and 9-band graphic equalizers let you hone in on the perfect sound for your style. 1/4" and Neutrik Speakon speaker outputs, XLR balanced line out, preamp out/power amp in jacks, and effects loop. And don't forget that killer Ampeg tone!
Ampeg B2RE Rack Bass Head Features:
  • 450W @ 4 ohms, 250W @ 8 ohms
  • 3-band rotary EQ
  • 9-band graphic EQ
  • -15dB input pad
  • Neutrik Speakon and 1/4" speaker outs
  • Preamp out/power amp in
  • XLR balanced line out
  • Effects loop
Ampeg B2RE Rack Bass Head Specifications:
  • 19"D x 3-1/2"H x 15"D
  • 26 lbs.
Albert, I'm curious, on your Ampegs (ID which one), do you have a Line Output Level control? If so and if you use it, how effective/strong is that signal +/- Adj. to the house running an XLR Line Out?

On my SVT III Pro head, the Line Output Level IMO is weak at best. For the sake of comparison, my Eden heads have an Output Level send and they are anything but weak! XLR sends out of the back of these amps with any +/- adjustment to Output Level is significant (pre or post EQ)!

What has your experience been with the Ampegs?