View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Junior Posting Member

jeremy jones is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
No, I have a list of those that have screwed them up but I can't give this out. Working on a Smith Bass is not like working on a Fender. Working on a Rolls Royce is not like working on a Ford. Owning tools and having a shop does not qualify one to do repairs in my book. No one but us has the exact parts for replacement or knows the ins and outs of the working of a Smith Bass as everything in the Bass is custom.

When basses get shipped here for repair, they are fixed correctly and fixed once. take it to 'Joe blow geetar repairz' (fictitious name) and prey they wont totally kill the bass.
That really puts KS bass owners between a rock and a hard place IMO. I don't doubt the quality of your work but it would be hundreds of dollars to ship a bass back and forth. I would defiantly consider it for major repairs, upgrades or if I lived near you but some of this should common knowledge to fix IMO.

Have you ever considered putting up youtube videos for stuff like maintenance and minor repairs? Do you have any sort of resource or manuals for repairs?