View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Junior Posting Member

Jack Jackson is on a distinguished road
Default I'm Sold!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
In a couple of years and your having me write this 'book' now? Talk about a starving writer!.. kidding..

Ok, we make that combination all the time but with Mahogany as the laminate and not Bubinga. Do not try to tailor the sound with a 1/8" laminate. It doesn't do that much for the sound BUT it should be compatable density wise and that's why we have these three flavors: Chocolate(Walnut), Vanilla(Maple), and Strawberry(Mahogany)!

No Bananas 'n' Cream, sry..

I would suggest Walnut T&B, Mahogany core and Maple Laminates. I know you want something special but after 5400 Basses, we just keep making the same sauce because it tastes so good!. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!!

When you are ready, call me and we will see what we can do to 'spice up your dish'. Each piece of Walnut has different grain and figure so in a way, it will be a one-of-a-kind.
Ken,

Wow, this has been an educational thread! Even more so, it's convinced me to put my money on the table. For a used 2008 BSR4TN, that is. I can't afford a new one just yet, but one day your "book" will pay off. I'd never heard of your basses until 2 months ago. And I was about to spend my money on a Victor Bailey Jazz...

It's been a 40-year learning curve!

Jack