View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Posting Member

Shane Wilcox is on a distinguished road

It took a little longer than a week, but the Christopher's arrived, nicely set up and sound post in situ! There are pictures available, if required -- they're from the vendor's website (www.bassbass.co.nz), but they are of this very bass (he's had it for a couple of years; not a high turnover item in this country, I'm afraid).

To Richard -- the strings have a dark green wrap at the tailpiece, and are blue, black, purple and gold at the tuners (E to G). That doesn't seem to match your description of the 370TX. They are very soft played pizz, but are easy to bow with a light touch, even for this rank amateur. I'll keep them for a while, but can see myself returning to Spiro Weichs, especially if my bowing improves.

I've also collected a Realist Soundclip pickup -- I liked the idea of having a removable pickup with flexible positioning. I've had a very brief play with it into my TC Electronic RH450 and BFM Jack 12 cabinet. Seems to match up well with the 1 MOhm input impedance on the amp without a preamp, and a pretty natural sound (at first audition) with the EQ all flat.

Well, I have a lot of practice to do, so it must be time to walk the dogs ...