View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Posting Member

Steve_M is on a distinguished road
Default Other bass forums...

I'm starting to get fed up with small minded, petty bullies on virtually every bass forum I go to - including the one I run!!

Oh please don't ever let this one tolerate pointless pedantry, antisocial behaviour and cliquey-ness!!

I remember even on The Bottom Line, there was one guy who was an admin who got on everyone's nerves by his exhaustive battling over the most irrelevant points of fact. There's also a member of Bassworld who resigned from being a mod because we'd recieved too many complaints about him antagonising members. We pointed out to him that we'd recieved complaints, that it was making the rest of the team look bad and so asked him what he would be prepared to do. Instead of stepping up to the plate and working with us, he quit instead. Now I believe he's circulating a photo on Talkbass taken from my myspace page which has been retouched to make it look obscene. Ironically, the more he does things like this the more justified I feel in the approach we took with him.

I've alerted the mods on that particular forum on Talkbass but... ...well, I guess all 4 of them aren't not on the internet all the time, are they?

Speaking of Talkbass, I posted a fairly innocuous enquiry about what kinds of basses there are out there which sound like a 70's jazz bass and at the point where the thread starts winding down, I post the bass that I decided to get and one particular user decides to start having a bit of a go at me. I try to reason but get nowhere. So I point out to him that he's just point scoring, but that's like trying to reason with a slow motion avalanche of cold porridge (oatmeal to you merrycans). I didn't do anything to deserve such dreadful treatment! I felt like I was being bullied!

I'm also a bit upset because one of my team at work had a serious stroke over the weekend and he's completely paralysed down his left side. It all feels like its getting on top of me at the moment.