View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Senior Posting Member

David Powell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Prowse View Post
Steve, sorry to hear about your workmate.
You should spend more time on the Down Here (NZ) thread where everyone loves you.
I know I speak for Stan... and 2nd fiddle Rob.

Your pal Richard
Hi Steve. I hope your co-worker is recovering. Strokes are pretty bad and they usually hit two in a row, so be prepared.

For the time, Master Ken has a very civil environment here. So refreshing. So how's the Celinder doing? I didn't keep up with that thread after you purchased. I read up to that point and thought it probably sounded like you got a good J-bass type. It's so strange what people will jump on. I tend to think all Fenders and the copies sound pretty much the same and I don't dare get into that with the Fender heads at TB. Way too much superstition about it all. Of course I have an old P, and it sounds great;- when someone that knows how to play plays it. When a guitarist picks it up, it will make one wonder.

Part of TB is just knowing when to say, OK, whatever. I'm biting on the argumentative types a lot less often over there. It's good practice when someone tries to poke to just let it go. There are reasonable people there also. Sometimes I think the arguments are started just to keep a thread on page 1. And the whole thing seems to be some huge bass marketing hypothetical lately. If you had $1K, and already owned every possible configuration of strings and frets and pick-ups in existence, which SadullaFodulus would you put a down payment on? Get Real!