View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 06:55 AM
Senior Posting Member

Oren Hudson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Martin View Post
Yikes! I DO hope that you don't try and carry it out on gigs by yourself! There's the other issue, of course. I was in Whittier, Ca on Saturday, and the backline company provided an SVT. I set it to where I was comfortable with the sound, but after the first song of the soundcheck the entire horn section threatened me with death or dismemberment if I didn't turn it WAY down.
Well Dave, I haven't used it on a gig yet. One of these days maybe. Even with the usage it's seen, the dude took good care of it and it's in collector condition. He said he'd leave one cab at practice and use the other one for gigs. I do use all of my stuff from time to time though. Unfortunately, at nearly 58, the pains of lifting heavy stuff by myself are often significant. I did unload the rig out of my Suburban when I got it home. (Couldn't ask Donna - see didn't know that I got it.) I've since rolled the cabs to my band trailer for temporary storage. With anything else, I'd be asking for help from 1 or 2 other folks.

I love the Whittier story! Wimpy horn players. You should have threatened them with turning it to 5 and aim it directly at them!