View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool Wilfer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Loeb View Post
For the record that particular Emanual Wilfer is mint, otherwise it would have been priced lower.

Hi Ken ...
Hi Steve. Sorry, I must have been thinking of a different Bass. I saw a slight shadow on one of them that looked like a repaired bass bar crack. I guess it was a different Bass.

Being a 'welcomed' commercial user, you can put your website in your signature but either way, it should be in your profile. In the case of this Wilfer in question we could easily look at it for reference and clear things up visually as well. For the readers new in the DB game Steve has in the last few years expanded the business (by going online) which was started by his late father Jack Loeb known as Ideal Music a distributer of European made Violin Family instruments and accessories which for decades was right around the corner from Metropolitan Music owned and run by the Juzek Family which moved to Vermont about 30 years ago.

Drake, thanks for the help with the name thing. Even though more than half the new members make that mistake almost all of them comply at the first mention.

Commercial users on this Forum so far are mainly Luthiers that repair, sell and make Basses. Steve falls in a similar classification as John at CSC/Shen who by the way is one of my favorite people Basses aside. MPM/Mike Pecanic, another commercial user is in a class of his own famous for his beautiful handmade exotic Tail pieces. Although he is also a Luthier he concentrates on accessories to improve and maintain the DB. Maybe one of these days I will make a listing of all the Pros of the equipment we use over in Luthier section.

By the way in your Profile I see this; "Musical Background:Hart", etc..

It just so happens that I have a beautiful and rare individually handmade English Double Bass made by John Thomas Hart, London c.1830. What does the reference to "Hart" mean in your profile?

It's the better class of people this Forum seems to be attracting which the 'real name' thing actually helps weed out the 'lurkers' and in some cases the trouble makers. It's nice to know who you are talking to and from the looks of things we have quite a few members that call this place home away from home regardless of DB or BG. Also here I see more of the person coming out than just the subject of some part of the Bass realm which to me is more of a real life day by day live Opera if you will.

Sorry Steve to go off topic on your reply and entrance here at the Forum but I want to make sure you feel welcomed here even though I made a mistake mentioning one of your Basses on your stock list.