View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 06:59 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Stolen/Missing Bass/UPS

Hi, please be on the lookout in Southern California or on Ebay for a Ken Smith BSR5GN with Quilted Maple Top & Back, Mahogany Core and Walnut Laminates, 5-pc wings. Serial Number 5GN5889F10.

The Bass was shipped UP2 (2-day Air) on 1/5/10 and is marked as 'delivered' on 1/7/10, 6:30PM left at the buyers door in Cerritos, Calif. UPS is allowed by their rules to drop off at Door if no one is home rather than make 2 or 3 attempts.

This is the first time we have ever had this type of problem and it will never happen again.

We just received a call and an Email from the Buyer yesterday (Tuesday, 1/12/10) that he never got his Bass. Being that this was marked delivered 5 days earlier adds some extra worry to me.

The Shipment/Bass is still being investigated. As soon as UPS tells me this is 'lost' I will file a claim with my Insurance company here. Settlement is much faster than with UPS and we are covered for just about any amount of value.

My preference is that the bass finds its way to the customer. It was a bass purchased from stock so it wasn't something that was very custom. It was however a very fine instrument and we hope to find it before long.

Please respond HERE...