View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Mike Smith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Faulkner View Post
Communication requires a common set of known values. I'm so indoctrinated with computer and electronics related knowledge due to my having a passion for it from youth that I will rattle off something like "12 hex" without any consideration of whether the person I'm talking to knows hex is short for hexadecimal, and beyond that if they know hexadecimal is a base 16 numbering system. So they look at me confused, thinking I mean 12 decimal, when I really mean 18 decimal.
Very Interesting

This year in my computer science class, for the first time I was actually required to know base 2, 10, and 16, and be able to do math in any bass along with converting it back in forth Good stuff I tell you! Kind of like the saying..

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary, and those that don't.

I'm pretty sure less than 3 people on this forum understood that... btw..

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Now back on topic....

Anselm Hauke, you still having issues posting attachments at times? Is it only with specific images or just at random?

If your having any issues/suggestions with either this or the main site, either pm or email me and I'll get back to you on that.

Can't find something on the main page or the forum? Try our new KSB Site Search.