View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Posting Member

Steve_M is on a distinguished road

Hi David, my colleague doesn't seem too upset - he's a very humble guy with an ironic sense of humour. He keeps to himself and seems to have endless reserves of patience so working with him is a breeze. Plus he's very experienced and I can chuck just about any project his way and know that he'll wrestle with it and nail it down somehow. I'm just glad that he seems to be in good spirits.

As for Talkbass, I've gotten Paul involved and so far he's on my side. He did suggest that I was mud slinging as much as the others, but I refuted this given that the topic was my motives for the purchase and I had the right to assert my opinion as fact. Toasted is just emotionally-stunted and lacks any degree of humility. Lets say no more on that. I'm getting fed up with taking cr*p over Bassworld so I may well make this forum the only one I use if the other BW mods don't intervene on my behalf. Looks like I have to book a date in a diary for the TB mods to respond. So slow! We're like lightning on Bassworld by comparison!

Anyways, the Celinder is pretty good. It does a great impersonation of Marcus Miller's bass but I'm not a great fan of Jazz basses if the truth be known. While they're oomphy and snappy, I miss the lower midrange power that Smiths and Musicman basses deliver. I use the Smiths as my every day, first call basses and then the 4 strings I own are all supposed to deliver 'classic' funk bass sounds. I got the Celinder bass simply because I'm setting up a band where the sound is going to be useful for particular songs.

FWIW, I revamped my website over the weekend and added pics:
http://www.freewebs.com/crazykiwi_bass/mybasses.htm

The Celinder is shown there also.