View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Posting Member

Steve_M is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your compliments David! The myspace page was put together in an afternoon. I nicked someone elses layout, changed the colours and replaced the banner with one I made earlier. It needed a few changes here and there but works pretty much OK.

Re forums. Its definitely easier to maintain perspective when you're not responsible for running one. I can leave Talkbass behind but I still worry about Bassworld. I don't know why but I guess I like creating something that people appreciate. Thats a massive driver for me in everything that I do.

I'm very satisfied with the collection at the moment. Its at a point where I have all the sounds I think I'm likely to need. My mate Ari's got a stunning collection of colour coordinated MTD's which look like they're straight out of a catalogue when he photographs them. He also owns a lovely Smith BSR5TE BTW.

My collection is a little more eclectic. More concentrated on the sounds I know and like.

I had a chat with my hospitalised colleague today. Poor guy is slurring his speech a little - perhaps because of the stroke. He sounds a little scared as well but is putting a brave face on. Its so hard not to get emotional when I think about him... ...what the heck, thats the british reserve kicking in, I should get emotional about things like this. Its healthy and justified.

He says they're keeping him in over Easter holidays to check the effectiveness of the blood thinning medication they've put him on. If it doesn't work by the end of next week they may decide to operate in order to remove the clots. I don't blame him for being scared.

He hopes to be back at work the week after next. I've just told him to not worry about work. We've got it all covered. If we need to get cover in, we can and when he's ready to return, we'll take him back on without hesitation. His wife is saying that his recovery might take months rather than weeks, but he doesn't know that of course.

I'm not religious at all, but if ever I felt a need for prayers to work, its now.

Last edited by Steve_M; 04-06-2007 at 12:51 AM.