Thread: Type of cable
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool Cable's....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Faulkner View Post
negligible unless you're talking about using a speaker cable as an instrument cable or something. speaker cables are more susceptible to noise since they're not shielded. other than that, i've never noticed any tonal difference in any cable plugged into any bass.

Yes, a good cable is a must. You get what you pay for.

Thank of it this way. You are driving down the highway, you can go left or right. If you go left, you will end up in a "parking lot" as traffic has bottle-necked due to a merge from 4 to 1 lane. If you go right, traffic is wide open and clear the rest of the way to your destination.

A cheap cable is like taking that "left": The current/signal has one destination that leads to that bottle-neck.

A great cable is like taking that "right": The current/signal has a clear wide open path to ultimate clarity.

Once your ear begins to appreciating top-notch gear (i.e. in this case, the right bass and amplification), you will be able to appreciate the better quality cable in a heart beat! For the money, I would recommend Monster Bass (Prolink Cable).