View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 07:02 AM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool Keep your eyes open....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
The first time for me wasn't based on the name or seeing it in a music store. For me it was hearing this incredible sounding bass in a musical I attended: That very distinct and cutting-through-the-mix bass sound! After I heard it, I inquired, test drove and the rest is history. The feel, design, construction, and looks were just icing on the cake! I've never turned back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Bridgeman View Post
I know exactly what you're saying tim.my experience was indeed similar. i'm 28 with 13 years experience as a bassist,my introduction to smith basses started after listening to a bass player called reggie young who in my opinion is a great bassist,but his sound is what did it for me,no effects or additional pre amps just straight into his rig, I mean this bass was singing,I went into a uk bass store in my teens saw one of the older models, not sure which,played it which had my mouth watering since.to make matters worse I saved up my monies only to learn it was sold.smith basses are like goldust in the uk I only know of two stores that supply em,the few smith owners I met had me foaming at the mouth for the look,feel and sounds of smith basses.
Simon, keep your eyes open here, as I'm sure you'll find that you'll have an opportunity to come across a Smith or two and quench that "foaming-at-the-mouth" thing.