View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 01:26 AM
Posting Member

Christopher Rhodes is on a distinguished road
Default My 1st time with a Ken Smith Bass

My 1st time with a Ken Smith bass was not good. It was in Akron Ohio (late 1980s), however it was with a "Burner Bass". I did not feel it all!

About 2 years later I had a brain drain - and purchased a Peavy TL-5. That was the most frustating experience of my bass life.

Years later it happened... I was in the DC area on business. I went to Chuck Levin music center. Played a few Smith's and thought - now this is it! They had the tone and the feel I was craving for.

One of the salesmen said - "We just got this special bass sent to us by Ken Smith, you wanna try it?". They retrived it from the back room. I played that bass for hours - I knew it was going to be mine! Two days later I returned and "pulled the trigger" - and she came home ( back to the hotel with me - BWI).

My trip to DC and my flight back to Florida - was joyful!

She is still with me today - nearly 15 years - it is my 1993 BMT Elite G bass with the seven piece neck. I'll never depart from her!

I tell my wife the only girlfriends I will have - are wooden - and they are all home - in the basement - with a "G" String, and other strings!