View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 04:44 AM
Junior Posting Member

Simon Bridgeman is on a distinguished road
Talking sound dat blends

[quote=Tim Bishop;1101]The first time for me wasn't based on the name or seeing it in a music store. For me it was hearing this incredible sounding bass in a musical I attended: That very distinct and cutting-through-the-mix bass sound! After I heard it, I inquired, test drove and the rest is history. The feel, design, construction, and looks were just icing on the cake! I've never turned back.[/I know exactly what you're saying tim.my experience was indeed similar. i'm 28 with 13 years experience as a bassist,my introduction to smith basses started after listening to a bass player called reggie young who in my opinion is a great bassist,but his sound is what did it for me,no effects or additional pre amps just straight into his rig, I mean this bass was singing,I went into a uk bass store in my teens saw one of the older models, not sure which,played it which had my mouth watering since.to make matters worse I saved up my monies only to learn it was sold.smith basses are like goldust in the uk I only know of two stores that supply em,the few smith owners I met had me foaming at the mouth for the look,feel and sounds of smith basses. ]