View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up whew..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Power is back on at the shop and will be back tomorrow. Others have power issues at home as well as me so we all have that to deal with as well.
Ok, power is back at home now, about 12 hours after the power came back at the shop less than 2 miles away.

I read on line earlier tonight at the shop that our power company had about 330,000 outages and had restored about 100,000 within the county. In my township, 0/zero had been restored by about 7pm. It's 11:45 now and while I was checking something in the basement with a flash light I heard a noise from the blower vent overhead. I looked up, felt the air coming and then realized, Hey, the power is back. We were without power, heat, cooking and sump-pump for about 27 hours.

Earlier this evening I ordered a battery back-up pump from my contractor. Something I should have done a few years ago. Now that we had this tip of Hurricane/storm Sandy, I realize how lucky we were. Mostly wind inland with very little rain. They called for 8-11 inches. I don't think we got more then 2 or 3 since Sunday. I could be wrong but it felt more like a 3 day drizzle/light-medium rain. It was the wind that did the damage.

Counting my blessings now..