Thread: Facebook?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 11:13 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up wow..

Great Post Todd. I agree with all you said and learned a few things as well as confirmed some other as well.

I have dine the 'other' bass forum and a couple of small ones as well. It is hard to control the mud slinging over there on TB because it comes from all ages and people that never met me but has to make a comment to feel important. Those people for the most part will never be in my shoes or shoes like mine so as the saying goes, take it from where it comes.

On this forum, I can do quite a bit but the audience is limited. On FB, I can make Ad-like announcements all day long. On the KSB page, it takes a few hours to a day or two for all those paying attention to see it. After that, it gets stale. on the KS page, it is more comment/like oriented but I am limited to a 5k audience. The KSB page gets about 1-3k of looks worth of people o n the counter there of who saw what out of close to 10k worth of likes so far.

I get messages and PMs all day and night 24/7, 365 and I just tell them to email or call depending and give them the 'contact' info from the KSB 'site.

All this internetting cuts into my work time but I feel it's worth it to be connected to people. Much better than magazine ads that cost 1000s with no idea who sees what if or when. The 'Net is instant communication and here to stay.