View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool Pre-Washburn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig Gregory View Post
Need some help deciding between a Pre Washburn Eden Metro and a Pre-Fender SWR Redhead 240W combo amp. The eden will cost and extra $200 but which one sounds the best, has the most features and is the most reliable? The weigh about the same and have about the same wattage.

Any thoughts might help me break the tie!
Just FYI. Don't get hung up on the "Pre Washburn" thing. The JV with USMC did not change the Eden culture and where and how Eden amps are crafted.

Currently, now that David is gone, not sure where these amps will be built going forward, however, grab one while you can before they end up in China .

At any rate. My vote is for the Eden Metro . Check it out:

http://www.eden-electronics.com/prod...v/dc210xlt.asp

You can drive this amp down to a 2-ohm load and get, what I would consider, a conservative 750W. Really nice to be able to add 4 8-ohm cabs (because you can) and have all the coverage you'll most likely ever need for most any situation. Eden cabs are among the most efficient cabinets out there. Also, the Eden DI is probably THE BEST DI in the business.

$200. more? Like a Smith: A great price to pay to get what you're paying for and then some.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 01-24-2009 at 01:56 PM.