View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Wink last derail post..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Schnitzer View Post
If that were completely true, this forum would not exist. But the gist of your sentence is on the money. I want to know who were the "geniuses" who decided that America could have a vibrant economy without anyone making much of anything? Did they really think we could all just swap information and loans and that this would somehow lead us down a positive economic path? (Sorry for the thread derail.)
Arnold, it's the physical labor that keeps it afloat. 'Paper pushing'!

No, let's talk about 'FINE' tuning the extension Capos. Rob mentioned his full turn measurement (1/24th of an inch) which is just a tad over .040" (1 div. by 24). That is nearly a 'G' string in height. WAY, way too crude for my taste. I can adjust my Capos with the top screw and back nut just a tweak as the leather settles or if I change gauges of strings. If I use an Original Flatchrome at almost .110, or a Flex Stark at .106 or a regular Flex 92 e/c at .102 I can tweak the tension just right. That would be 1/10th the need adjustment from .106" to .102" which is .004", not .040". HUGE difference. Turning a screw 10x what you need is NOT a fine adjustment in my book. Not even close. Sorry!

Some people just get used to what they have. Once you have seen the other side of the road, you may not go back.