Thread: The Horror
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Posting Member

Ronson Hall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Faulkner View Post
So we were jamming yesterday at band practice, me with my Smith, and my lead guitarist with his custom shop Jackson. We were in the middle of playing one of our songs. I was standing in front of the drums facing the drummer and the guitarist was standing to my left. We were coming up on the part of the song where he goes into his solo, so he whips around to head over to his pedal board and to my horror, smacks the head stock of my Smith with the head of his Jackson. The shock almost jerked the bass out of my left hand. We didn't miss a beat in the song but I was almost ready to cry. When we finished the song I took a look and there is a slight ding in the finish just below the A string tuning peg. You have to have light glaring on the finish to really see it, but you can feel it if you run your hand over it..

It's really amazing that was all that happened to it because he really smacked it hard. I was worried about the neck having snapped in half or something when it happened as I wasn't looking at him and just felt the violent jerk of the neck.

I just couldn't believe it.. At least he dinged my really expensive bass with his really expensive guitar...

I've had this bass for 6 years. I just racked up ding #2. Not a bad record so far I guess.

My sympathy Bob, and I really, really mean it!

I just noticed a little "belt buckle rash" on the back of my new Smith, and I admit I was slightly depressed for a few minutes ( my wife shook her head at me in disbelief and amazement) so, I hear you!