Thread: The Horror
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Junior Posting Member

Amit Shtriker is on a distinguished road

I can't remember how many times my bass has taken some bumps or dings from other things, or the floor (I usually don't use a bass stand - I use the wall or the face of the cab). After all, this bass is working a lot, I can't cry with every new scratch I see on it.. I also have a scratched (unfinished) area where the right hand fingers meet the (oil) finish, In fact I really like this bcause it adds lots of character to my bass (one salesman in a music store even asked me if it's vintage... ). I still have some awesome looking areas (those you can look at for hours after waxing..).

I can just say, don't worry about dings and scratches (I am not talking about serious ones, that can ruin the comfort or working condition of the bass..), just a reminder that you're playing and working hard .

And by the way, I always didn't like people not letting me checking out their axe, so I'll let anyone at least hit a note on it, even if it's just to hear the "woww, never touched a bass like this".

I now have a BSRJ-MW, maybe I will change my way of thinking when I have my BSR-EG.. Or maybe not...