View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Question SWR Working Pro 10 ?

SWR Working Pro 10, who here has tried or has this amp?

I was looking for a small and fairly light weight amp (once again) for my DB which I need a few times a year and would also use it with a Smith bass when needed.

After calling a few guys I know in the business, one local shop mentioned that they had an SWR Working Pro 10 on the floor, brand new and only demoed occasionally in the store. So, I drove down today, listened to him play it and show me what it does, and in minutes I bought it.

Playing around with it here in the shop I see how simple and versatile this little giant is. Small amp with a big sound. The tilt feature is great to have as well. A few guys on the forum here in both the DB & BG sections have mentioned this amp before. I guess I just missed it.

I don't know much about the combo amps on the market today because I haven't shopped for one in a long long time. Having heard this with a Smith bass in the store today (Bass Specialties) and trying it briefly with a DB just now, I am glad I have it. Also, I am sorry I didn't get one 5 or 6 years ago. It would have made life easier.

My EBS Drome 15 is a great amp. Don't get me wrong about that. It is just more than I need in most cases. Way back when the KSD project started with 'Brooklyn Gear', they were also the EBS importer. It was convenient and the amp was and is good. Now, I wanted something smaller and more affordable. Price was a factor as well for me being that I only need it on occasion.

So, if you have any experience with this SWR Working Pro 10, I would like to hear from you again if you posted in the past and I didn't respond.