View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Type of NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
Thanks Ken,

I have attached a photo of one of my basses with the prior Neck-thru design that I am talking about. Does this help? While I'm not certain, I don't think this is what you are talking about in your response to me, is it? If not, could you apply my questions using the attached photo? Thanks in advance, I hope the attached photo helps.

Also, let me know how you would ID this type of Neck-thru (as shown in the attached photo) vs. the New and I will correct my Thread accordingly. Since I probably didn't explain it well, I have a feeling me saying "heel-less" will be confusing. I'm not sure when you began designing the Necks this way (like the attached photo), but the ones I attempted to refer to are from the early to mid 90's.
Yours is the '87-'97 NT design which I referred to as not the way we make them now as we did from '79-'85 and since '96/'97(mixed) and currently.

I understood you 100% what you were referring to so read again what I described. If you like, call me and i will explain it to you. Then YOU can attempt to write the 'book' on my explanation which I don't have the typing fingers (mental effort actually..lol) to attempt..