Thread: 1998 Burner???
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Junior Posting Member

Chuck Cheesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
Sounds like you need a good set-up on your bass. It's always best to keep the bass in the case when not playing. It's also good to store your guitars in a climate controlled room: Monitored humidity level at 47% and you'll be good.

Not sure what you want to spend on an amp, however, here's what I believe to be the best bass combo amp on the market .

http://www.eden-electronics.com/prod...v/dc210xlt.asp

Keep your eyes open on eBay for one of these. I've seen them go in the $850. range which is absolutely a steal . If you find one at this price, grab it! It will most likely be the last bass amp you will ever need.

Well... the amp is a little out of my range at the moment. I also bought an old Guild 12-string guitar and some recording gear recently. Now I need to behave. I just need something to get me playing.

I understand about the humidity. My guitars are kept 45-50% at all times. But that Bass has been riding in UPS trucks since Monday. It's cold out there. And there is something about living at 7000 feet above sea level. Every instrument I've ever brought up here needed a set-up almost immediately. So yep, this bass is going to need one.

Thanks for all the help Tim! I have a feeling this bass is a keeper!