View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool of me?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Rene Roy View Post
Thanks for that Ken, good post! I had the pleasure of having dinner with Sue & David not long ago. They were in town for the boat show and after a tour of our workshop we had a nice dinner on the river in Mystic. She is a remarkable person and I hope to get to know her better over the years. She spoke fondly of you Ken.
You know, if not for her mentioning it I would have never remembered selling her a bow some 30 years ago.. lol
I have not met her in person since that time she came over to get the bow. She missed the ISB this year and the VSA about 4 years ago, both here in PA. She is about an hour or so north of Arnold so one day, I will make the trip up there and meet them both as I have only talked or emailed with David as well.

Sue also does all of my re-hairs as well. Recently a friend of mine here near Philly asked if I could get her to do 2 of her 3 bows as one was a Lipkins her bought from me. I shipped them up and when he got them back he said he will never let anyone else re-hair his bows from now on.

I have a nice Fuchs here as well I am practicing with that She also re-haired for me. I usually carry a spare/2nd bow and need to know how it handles so I picked this one to ride in the case along side the Lipkins-Sartory. While they are two completely different bows, they both have the exact same hair on them.

She is quite a talented artisan. Sue also knows old bows too. She was the first to let me know that my 3rd Bultitude was authentic. She also re-haired my unstamped but Raffin Certified CN Bazin bow and confirmed that it was the real deal and also that Raffin is the man! She is a top professional in the field deserving only the highest respect.