Thread: Fresh Strings?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Senior Posting Member

Albert Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool High Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronson Hall View Post
I used to get by on strings for 3 - 6 months. Although I preferred Smith or DR Strings even before I got my first Smith, the bass I was playing made changing the strings frequently not the biggest deal in the world (Note: When my strings were just too dull even for me to stomach, I was not above boiling them!).

Now that I have my first Smith in the house, I've noticed that my tolerance for that kind of thing has gone way, way down. I MUST have the sound I first heard when I first pulled my Smith out of the box. Nothing else will do, ever again. Therefore, I see myself changing strings no later than 6 - 8 weeks into a set, and probably much, much sooner!

See what you did to me, Ken? I'm a high-maintenance guy now!
I beg the differ with you Ronson, your not high maintenance you just wont settle for less than the best when it comes to your new Axe. You now belong to a distinguish list of players that own Smith Basses embedded with that clear cut Smith tone and playability. The days of boiling strings are now just memories of the Ibanez days, not the Smith era.