View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 06:02 PM
Junior Posting Member

Amit Shtriker is on a distinguished road

Ken,

I saw this and just thought it would be just appropriate to say some words on the J line:

After a little more than 10 years with by BSR4J-MW, I can definitely say that this bass has made me the bass player I am today.

I don't know about the other J models, but this bass is so versatile that it is sometimes hard to believe.

I have managed (and still do) to get sounds ranging from 70's style classic Rock, Folk, Funk, Motown to 90's style alternative Rock, Nu Metal, progressive Rock, Pop, R&B Reggae and Dub, all using only the pickup blend knob and style appropriate finger/thumb/pick techniques, just rarely using the onboard EQ to fatten up bridge pickup sounds.

Some guys that I have played with or heard recordings I have made with the bass couldn't believe that these sounds came out of a modern bass "that was made for playing jazz fusion bass solos".

Most of the times FOH engineers use my direct sound with very little console EQ if any.

I have had thoughts upgrading it to a better KS neck-thru model, or adding a "classic" electric bass to it but by the time I saved the money, I realized that I am going to stick with it and nothing is missing.

Coupled with my custom made overdrive, I can also get dirty/ugly/bad sounds with it - this is how versatile it is.

It is also build like a rock! After 10 years of Rocknroll style stage abuse - it still feels and plays so well!

So thank you Ken for making such a deeply emotional, versatile, musical and inspiring instrument, even if it was supposed to be an "entry level" one. This is the bass of my life, and will always stay my main one, if not the only one (as of now). Proud to be an owner of such a great instrument.

Hope I am not the only one that feels that way...