View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Junior Posting Member

David Newcomb is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
My son called me today and asked me what Amps/Cabs are available today that are small and lightweight yet loud and good quality.

He has both an EBS 350 and 650 heads as well as a 2/10 and 1/10 cabinet. The 1/10 has worked fine before but is on the 'fritz'. I am waiting for some parts from EBS to fix it. The 2/10 is just too heavy along with the head for him to move around for small combo one-nighters.

Is there a decent lightweight, loud, affordable Combo Amp out there that might cover this? Fender? SWR? .. Something on the hi-tech side with a horn in it for the highs in his Smith Bass.

We also have an old original/modified BabyBlue but that is not enough volume for him. The 1/10 EBS puts out a lot of Volume so he is looking along that line for sound.

Suggestions?
the mesa boogie walkabout scout combos are killer for sound and fairly light for the volume- they use some tech that makes a 1x12 sound like a 15. Tried one in the store and it sounded loud, they really ought to put them in the drum department for the real tryout though