View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool Ken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Glassman View Post
S. Scaramelli will be too far south of in our limited itinerary. I was thinking possibly one of those luthiers in Cremona if I can divert everyone that far south on our way from Milan to Venice.

Any bass luthiers in Brescia these days?

That's right on the way. Ken?
Who me? Isn't Sergio sort of on the way across Italy to Venice? He is in Ferrara. I have never been in Italy so I really don't know. I know there are some Luthiers in Cremona but I don't know them.

I have met with Sergio here at the ISB last June as well as Stefano Sciascia. I would suggest emailing them both with your questions. They are both very nice gentleman and would almost certainly reply to you. maybe it wouldn't hurt if you mentioned my name and that I suggested to you that you ask them. They were both in my booth together playing, admiring and measuring the Candi bass. I have some pictures that were taken of Sergio with the Candi and the Gilkes with me in one of them as well with him. Sergio is the one who gave new life to my martini some 11-12 years ago before I bought it as he immediately recognized it and remarked "the oldest Martini". Sergio is also the Luthier who restored the Dragonetti d'Salo a few years ago and is regarded as one of Europe's top Bass restorers today.

Call and ask them both.