View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Moilanen View Post
.. Inside the bass.. I have to get a better one but you can figure something out here..

-Mikko
The Rivolta label was on the center cross bar. That label was added after I sold the Bass.

I do not have a problem with Basses being attributed to famous makers at all. The problem is that after a Bass is named a Busan and then a Gofriller or then a Maggini, it should not get a new 'faked' or 'stolen' Label each time someone wants to sell it as something else. This in my mind is 100% criminal!

Even if the Bass is what it is claimed to be, it is just that. A Label from wherever is not honest business practice unless there is 100% evidence that the exact Label WAS the real Label from that Bass and is now just being replaced.

I owned this Bass for 20 years and know it well. It's a shame that the beautiful Rivolta label was removed, real or not. Even if it was Rivolta and was THAT Bass, the price would be about as high. If it was a real Rogeri, pupil of Amati, the price would have been upwards of Half a Million Dollars.

Mikko, you have a beautiful and fantastic Bass. I have had that Bass longer than probably anyone alive today. Play it well and make some great Music. We are doing the Neilsen this week and it is coming along fairly well at rehearsals. Thanks for the tips you gave me. They have been very helpful.