View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Schnitzer View Post
Ken, care to share any news about this bass?
Yes, sure, why not.

After careful consideration and a few players falling over it emotionally, I decided to sell it to a professional Orchestra player so it could get the attention it needs.

Being that I own the original and a dozen or more other old relics, I thought it would live best in the hands of a full time player.

Had ALL of my old basses sold before hand, I would have been more than happy having this as my one and only main bass. That NOT being the case, I offered it to sale as soon as the question popped up for a new Schnitzer Bass by a person trying this out, but not right away. I did have to think about it for a week or two to ease my own mind on the subject. Either way, I think he would have ordered one just like it as both him and another Orchestra Pro with him agreed that it didn't sound like a new bass and the low end was killer. Also, it played so easy it taught me for the future what I should look for in maximum comfort.

Now that this bass has been made and tried, I am even more spoiled in playability concept than I had been in the past.