Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > New Forum Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Junior Posting Member

Kraig Gregory is on a distinguished road
Default Who am I??

Hi,

My name is Kraig. I live in the midwest where true Ken Smith's rarely end up. I have a love and a passion for basses and fine musical instruments. I use to collect basses and play them, but now I am down to my last 4 and 5 string instrument and I rarely get a chance to play due to my day job.

I still love the instrument and fell in love with the instruments built by Ken Smith, Michael Tobias, and Roger Sadowsky. My top five instruments that I have owned all time are:

1) 1961 Fender Jazz Bass Olympic White with 3 knobs (stock original)
2) MTD 535 5th Anniversary #3 of 5
3) 1993 or 1995 Ken Smith BMT Elite 5 G (Quilted Maple)
4) Sadowsky Standard 5 with AAAA Quilt Top
5) I have owned over 40 basses, so it is hard to pick the next one, but the top 4 were all special instruments.

If I ever get a chance, I would love to have my top three back, but they are long gone. If anyone knows where I can locate a BMT 5 let me know, I would definitely consider purchasing one in the future if I can find a fine example of a Ken Smith.

Anyway, I am happy that this forum was formed and I hope that the community grows to the point that we can all get a Ken Smith and Bass fix.

Kraig