Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

Go Back   Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) > Double Basses > Double Bass Talk in General

Old 04-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Posting Member

Adam Linz is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up That's one way to do it

I like it. I have a Morelli that I've put a lot of money and time into that is my only bass. Remember the goal is to play your own bass and bring the band along. That way no bass djour. If you've never had to play a different bass every night for 6 weeks you might have a problem with what we are trying to achieve. Not being able to play your own bass on festivals and bigger shows is embarrassing. I don't care how good you are, it will always suck life and energy out of you and make you feel like half a player. Even if the bass is worth $100,000s of dollars. It's still not yours. Those bus cases that aren't ATA just need some sort of locking system on the back to attach to the roof. I know, easier said than done. Hey I play music for a living, I'm not an engineer. But with air travel and instruments being what it is, if you have to drive there is a need for this when the rest of the band comes along.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:48 AM
Senior Posting Member

Thomas Erickson is on a distinguished road

Why does nobody make a waterproof bag, anyway. Couldn't be that tough - surely I'm not the only one who's been annoyed with a soggy bass bag after walking to/from a gig.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Junior Posting Member

Greg Maniero is on a distinguished road
Default brut bass bag

I have a cheap styrofoam bass trunk that is covered with a nylon bass bag that I was hoping to strap to my roofrack so I can take a bass on vacation. I sprayed the bag with campdry silicone spray that is used for shoes and stuff. I haven't taken it for a test drive yet but water beads right off of it.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Junior Posting Member

james condino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Erickson View Post
Why does nobody make a waterproof bag, anyway. Couldn't be that tough - surely I'm not the only one who's been annoyed with a soggy bass bag after walking to/from a gig.
Jack's Plastic Welding in Arizona will custom make you a FANTASTIC waterproof bag for your bass for a reasonable price. River runners know them as the makers of the infamous "Paco Pads". I have used their guitar drybags on over 7000 miles of commercial whitewater expeditions all over the world and have never had a leak, even when things got really funky and myself and the boat were upside down / submerged / in a complete yardsale floating down the river for a long time. They are so tough that I once had a guitar completely broken, including the hardshell case, inside one of their bags and everything was still dry (Lava Falls on the Colorado river at approx. 30,000 cfs!!!!)

j.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Senior Posting Member

Matthew Tucker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Matthew Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by james condino View Post
I once had a guitar completely broken, including the hardshell case, inside one of their bags and everything was still dry (Lava Falls on the Colorado river at approx. 30,000 cfs!!!!)
*note to self: remember to pack double bass for next whitewater rafting expedition. And to my next scuba dive on the Great Barrier Reef ...